Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hosiery Dilemma

I don't know about where you are, but here in Philly, it's an Endless Winter. I faced a Real Dilemma on Easter Sunday with my hosiery choices. I had a pretty, long-sleeved, brown flowey dress from Ann Taylor Loft, since Easter is often chilly in the City of Brotherly Love.

I had bought these lovely open-toed metallic shoes, but forgot they were open-toed 'til the morning of. Getting the troops ready for multiple Easter-egg hunts, and dressed for church was a real struggle.

But - top of mind for me? Hose or bare-legged with the shoes?? It was cold out, but would be nice and toasty in the church.

I figured my options were 2: brown fishnets or bare, clean-shaven legs. I liked the look of the fishnets, but I don't like to see hose through open-toes [at least they weren't "reinforced," but still].

However, in my view, an even bigger faux-pas was the fact that I hadn't had time to paint my toe nails! For open-toed shoes! What was a girl to do??

I went sans hosiery. It's true that a portion of the congregation could have been blinded that morning given the whiteness of my sun-starved legs, but we all survived. And the outfit looked great!

No comments: