Wednesday, May 30, 2007

the 3-piece suit

It all started with Lakshmi and me talking about my favorite male, red-headed thespian, and voilà, here I am drooling over Paul Smith's collections of two years ago! How does this happen??

I like some of the cuts from the `07 and `06 collections, but the muted tones aren't doing much for me.

I remembered this clip from Agatha Christie's "Five Little Piggies," and how awesome Toby Stephens looks in a 3-piece suit. Frankly, the scene where he's at the window makes me weak in the knees, but that's another story.

Seriously, when will the 3-piece come back as the staple of men's fashion? I can take or leave hats, but the put-together suit, with contrasting tie or shirt are just drop-dead gorgeous. When will they realize it?? And sweaters on men, just look fantastic. Again, see the Christie clip to see what I'm talking about.

Paul Smith's womens' collection is phenomenal too. I love the bold colors of 2005! And the tartan.... oh, to be independently wealthy!

No comments: