Friday, July 6, 2007

Librarian Book Cart Drill Teams - Who Knew?

I've known many Librarians in my day. And no one ever filled me in on the wonderful mystery that is Book Cart Drill Team Championships that are held at the ALA conferences. I am stunned. First, that I was living in ignorance all this time. Second, that the routines are so good. Because I've tried pushing those carts and I have yet to not stub my toe or crash into a carrel or bookshelf. Bravo!

Lakshmi put me on to this phenom when she told me her local Librarians' Drill team placed third at this year's championships. And sent me the Christian Science Monitor Link to prove it.

I'm still amazed, and realizing, for the zillionth time, that I made a mistake with my career path! I shoulda been a Librarian!

St Catherine of Alexandria, Patron Saint of Librarians (scholars and secretaries)

No comments: