Friday, August 8, 2008

brief round up

I'm going to do a fire drill in our home this weekend. Ever since September 11th, and even moreso after Katrina, I am a huge believer in disaster preparedness. I felt like I had it under control, but we really haven't been practicing enough. I'm getting on it. [based on my score (ironically, "9/11") I'm "a survival expert".]

And, not that I care what NYT Op Ed Columnists think [take THAT David Brooks!] but this at least caught my eye. I am not at all sure that Maureen Dowd has it right - Barack Obama as Fitzwilliam Darcy?? But, I'm going to mull it over. I am, of course, an un-abashed Edmund Bertram lover.

In other news:

Congrats to Lakshmi and Sam on the adoption of their beautiful baby George. We love you!

And, this is wahnsinn, I know but:

Way to go, Dogg! I'll give ya some love!

No comments: