Thursday, September 25, 2008

RIP Albina

Ladybird's grandmother passed away this morning. May she rest in peace.

It's been a crazy and emotional couple of weeks for me as well, with my grandmother's health slowly declining. As is my wont, I'm feeling loss all around me. It started a couple of weeks ago, and I think AS USUAL, Rob Brezsny gets right at the truth of my situation:
September 10, 2008:
Your funny bone isn't a bone at all; it's actually your ulnar nerve. A firefly is a beetle, not a fly. A lead pencil has graphite in it, but no lead. A cucumber is technically a fruit, not a vegetable. Is there anything in your life that might be mislabeled like these things? Anything that's different from what it's alleged to be? Now is an excellent time to penetrate to the truth below the prevailing assumptions.
It's a crazy time. Let's all try to be gentle with each other, and make it through this as best we can.

No comments: