PLUS - some info if you need it:
Election 2008 Voting Information
Today, November 4th, is Election Day! Remember to vote—not just for Barack Obama, but for Congressional, state, and local candidates as well.
Where and when do I vote?
Find your polling place, voting times, and other important information by checking out these sites and the hotline below. These resources are good, but not perfect. To be doubly sure, you can also contact your local elections office.
* Obama's VoteForChange site: voteforchange.com
* League of Women Voters' site: vote411.org/pollfinder.php
* Obama's voter hotline: 877-US4-OBAMA (877-874-6226)
What should I do before I go?
* After you've entered your address on either Vote For Change or Vote411, read the voting instructions and special rules for your state.
* Voting ID laws vary from state to state, but if you have ID, bring it.
* Check out all the voting myths and misinformation to look out for: http://truth.voteforchange.com/
What if something goes wrong?
* Not on the voter list? Make sure you're at the right polling place, then demand a provisional ballot.
* If you're voting on an electronic machine with a paper record, verify that the record is accurate.
* Need legal help? Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
* Try to get video of the problem and submit it to VideoTheVote.org
Want to do more?
* Text all of your friends: "Vote Obama today! Pass it on!"
* Volunteer at your local Obama office. Find an office here or here.
Now everybody go vote!!!
There's an article in the NYT about Angie's polling place - Prospect Heights. We're doing this, people.
And back here in Philly, last night, Jimmy Rollins was stumping for Obama-Biden, check it out:
And then from Gawker, we have a great election/fashion themed article, complete with video from the interview (click through). Pants up? There's HOPE! "Youth to Pull Up Pants for Obama!
Barack Obama did an interview with yesterday with Sway, MTV's official friendly ambassador from the land of hip hop. A viewer asked him about towns that try to pass laws banning baggy pants. First Obama said those laws are a "waste of time." But then he added, "brothers should pull up your pants!" Is Barack Obama a fashion icon, or your grumpy old dad—or is he both?!?! [UPDATE: Clip of the interview here]: