Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Go Phillies!

I'm wearing red today! The school kids in Philadelphia had a relaxed uniform today so they could wear red & white to school.

It's amazing, because those are the same colors of the Welsh Rugby team. When I was in Kindergarten in Lampeter, Wales, all the kids wore red and white when they were in, AND WON the championship game. It was pandemonium!

Here in Philly, we're hoping for a trip to the World Series. It's a city full of optimistic dreamers, and we're used to being let down.... But maybe, just maybe, this time, we can pull it off! I just hope Jimmy Rollins' SI cover won't be the jinx that does it.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Interesting! I'm reminded of the famous Chalice Well at Glastonbury, where one well flows white and one flows red - representing the union of male and female.

Sally Big Woods said...

I had no idea! I'll have to check it out.....

THAT reminds me of my favorite fairy tale growing up - Snow White and Rose Red. Loved that one!

JR's Mom said...

My little guy doesn't like his Phillies outfit (the shiny material is too scratchy and the shirt is sleeveless), so instead, he's been decking himself out in old teeball uniforms.