Monday, October 15, 2007

Knights Templar out of the Secret Archives!

I am fascinated by this article from the BBC about how the Vatican Secret Archives are releasing some of their documents about the Templars' heresy trials from the 14th Century. I guess if we had an extra $8,000, we could get ourselves a copy of the documents too! On parchment and everything.

I have to admit that I am really into the Knights of St John the Hospitalier. Ever since our visit to the town of St Antoine many years ago, I think the whole history of the Templars is amazing.

Plus, there are the pilgrimage routes through France and Spain to Santiago Compostela. What great opportunities for religious art. I think I've convinced Josiah that we should do a walking trip through the South of France to Santiago. It would be awesome!

Image from Grailquest.org

No comments: