Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lampeter, Wales

I've been thinking about my time in kindergarten in Lampeter, Wales a lot today. La Segunda asked me about when she would start at La Prima's school after we dropped her off this morning, which got me thinking about my kindergarten days, I guess.

And I recently talked with a friend about falling down the stairs at the Lampeter school, and staying with Mrs. Williams in the teachers' lounge while we waited for my mom to come get me.

I even remember the lunch food fondly [I'm really not sure what that means! I actually remember fondly: piles of mashed potatoes, brown meat stew, peas, rice pudding, etc. which you all can interpret any way you want. I guess I consider all that comfort food now.]

But, anyway, I found this BBC site with children's drawings of the town, and thought I'd share. Enjoy.

And if you're lucky, the "sacred destination of the day" that shows up to the right, will be Carnac, which I first saw during our year in Wales, when we vacationed in Brittany. [La Forêt-Fouesnant] If you've read this blog before, you know I have another story about Carnac too!

No comments: