Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

So, I had a few possibly major revelations over New Year's:

1) I love to cook! I should try to cook more, and spread my wings a bit. This desire will be enhanced by a new cookbook Angie got me called, Classical Turkish Cooking, by Ayla Algar.

2) I now consider myself a cake-baker. I used to be scared of cakes, but some great scratch cakes from a Moosewood Collective dessert cookbook, and a Bundt (tm) pan have changed all that. Yay Bundts!

3) I have decided that since my community garden is now defunct, I will NOT try to find a new plot elsewhere, even though I will miss community gardening immensely. Instead, I will expand the flower beds in my (somewhat shady) backyard, and convert some lawn [breathe deeply, Josiah] into vegetable space. ALSO, I have decided that it is OK to expand the color palette in the front flower garden from being strictly foliage (including blues and chartreuse) and pink hues, to further include yellow. This will allow me to plant these Rudbeckia flowers that I absolutely love.

4) I need to continue blogging. I really enjoy it, and so, why the heck not?!

I wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year!

No comments: