Thursday, January 31, 2008

Some Green News


Just found this nice link to Scholastic's Green site for kids. It's pretty cool. I'm going to show it to La Prima. She's all about websites these days.... I wonder where she gets it!? It's sorta cool, you can calculate your green points that get added to the score for the whole site. Not being a gamer, it's the first time I've ever seen such a high score related to me on a screen!

There's a good review on Gardenpunks of Affluenza, which makes me want to read the book. Maybe I'll suggest it to my book group.

And for food fun, I thought I'd add something green - a review of an Absinthe distributor's site/blog on one of my food blogs. Who knew it was available in the US?! Next time I want to channel Emile Zola, I'll put in an order for some of the "green fairy". With a history like this, who wouldn't:
Boche had known a joiner who had stripped himself stark naked in the rue Saint-Martin and died doing the polka—he was an absinthe-drinker.[33]
Laters.

The photo is of some pretty, green cupcakes from my favorite cupcake site: Cupcakes that Take the Cake!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey SBW,

Thanks for the link! I think you'll like Affluenza, the book I mean.

And absinthe is available in the US? Who knew?

Katie at GardenPunks

jessica j said...

a fellow mawrter brought some absinthe to my wedding celebration. it was delightful, as a beverage and as an experience. no one wrote any brilliant symbolist poetry or anything, but no one went mad, either.