My maternal great-great aunt, Sara Virginia
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
At my older daughter’s ballet recital, with my younger daughter squirming on my lap the whole time.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Not a lot
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
This is tough, I don’t love cereal. I’d have to say muesli
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
This is hard. I guess I gotta say “Bananas on the Rum” by Ben & Jerry’s
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyes – windows to the soul, of course
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST
My dear friends who I used to live close to (either in college or growing up) and now are all scattered all over the place
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Sure, why not?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Chartreuse (flip flops)
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
It’s the morning, so, muesli
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The vent fan at work, it’s right over my desk and is an amazing white-noise machine.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Rain, the ocean, the woods in the Wissahickon park (pretty much any woods, actually), Dreft, garlic cooking slowly in oil, pumpkin pie (pretty much all baked goods around the holidays), Chanel 19, Wright’s Coal Tar Soap, really fresh fruit salad, a good cuppa tea, my husband’s shirts, old fashioned garden variety bearded iris, fresh tar on the street, farms (“good, healthy smells”), citrus and herb combinations (like lime-basil soap) this list can go on and on….
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
She’s the best.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
any track and field and/or running event - especially cross-country, Tour de France, Men’s Soccer, esp. the World Cup, Swimming, Water Polo, Biathlon (skis and target practice)
27. Hair Color?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
This is too hard.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy Endings. Don’t do scary movies, except by accident.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer (though I’ve gained an appreciation for winter and don’t loathe it the way I used to)
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs and kisses
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
These are sooooooo hard, I’d say pudding, but then there’s pies and cakes and ice cream too……
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Hmmmmmm no idea
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
David Sedaris' new book When You Are Engulfed In Flames (for my book group)
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Daybreak, by Maxfield Parrish
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Nothing much, a teensy bit of the horrendously over-hyped and emotionally-twisted US Women’s gymnastics team trials. [women’s gymnastics in the
2. FAVORITE SOUND?
Chocolate chips being poured into cookie dough
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME???
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can read Tarot cards
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?