Wednesday, June 11, 2008

News and Weird News

This news reminds me of one of my favorite movies: Map of the Human Heart with Jason Scott Lee (no relation to Bruce Lee). [He's so hot!] Anyway, great news. Great movie.

Other great news from the BBC is that Burundi, the world's poorest country, is clearing away ALL the gazillions of mines in their country. A mammoth undertaking, apparently. This way, at least, the people will be able to farm again. And maybe the sweepers (sappers?) will be able to go to other countries to help them rid themselves of mines.

Which brings me to what I'd call, "news of the weird" from my home state. Boing Boing reports on an chicken bomb in Simsbury, CT. Simsbury?? Whatevs. Living on the the other side of Talcott Mountain may not be so bad after all.

No comments: