Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Mid Summer!

Happy Midsummer, All!

As you might have guessed by now, I am trying to revive celebration of St John the Baptist's Day in our household. I've hung the Finnish Flag. I'm planning to have friends over for (vaguely) Scandinavian meal of fish, cucumber salad (and probably some other cold salads), with home made strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'll let you know how it turns out.

In other news, there's a great review of Jesus for President at Emerging Pensees. I think I'll add it to my wish list.

There are some amazing "issue" posters done by people all over the world here. Go check them out. Powerful stuff. These are about global warming, but there other themes include water scarcity, human rights, child mortality, STD's and more.

And another "green" item I have to share is: I just watched Hulk last night, by Ang Lee. And I was blown away. I had no idea I would like it. Granted there were commercials, and so it went on forever (which I've read was a criticism of the movie when it came out in the theaters too), and the whole Nick Nolte thing was annoying. BUT, the underlying message about the green monster in all of us was right on. Specifically, what I imagine it must be like for men to feel rage (I'm not a man.) Bruce Banner's description of how he felt as the Hulk was amazing. I don't know that much about testosterone, but it seemed like the movie described how it feels to be a guy, both enraged, and calm - gave me some insight. I thought Eric Bana did a fantastic job (though I pretty much dig Eric Bana in whatever he does!)

P.S. Hungry For Change Bake Sale for Obama at the Clark Park Farmers' Market tomorrow.

No comments: