Friday, February 8, 2008

Movies


So, I've been re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, in preparation for when La Prima and I get there in a few months with out bedtime stories. She loves, loves, loves the HP books, as do I [she dressed as Hermione Granger for Halloween this year].

Apparently, I am not alone in my appreciation, shall we call it, for Professor Snape. Ever since Alan Rickman took the role, I've thought that Snape is the most awesome character from the books. Perfect casting. [sigh]

I can't wait to see the "young Snape" in the upcoming movies. I just learned that the Half Blood Prince has begun filming! [yay!] Further web-surfing brought me to this "fan art" site. If you have not yet read the final book, it's a SPOILER, but I like this image. Even though it's very fan-arty, it's a good representation of Snape's dilemma, in a Tarot card-esque way. I like it.

In other movie news, there's a Russian movie, "A Kiss - Off the Record", coming out that I really want to see, based on the life of their out-going president. As in, his term of office is almost up. Clearly, he is a very private man!

No comments: